MassMutual Financial Group Security Solutions Architect in Springfield, Massachusetts
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
Accountable for constructing sound, pragmatic and contemporary technology solutions for current and emergent business needs within the context of, and in order to advance, the technology and business strategic framework. Responsible authority that owns the solution or major components of the solution - actively steers its development, and manages any technical risk involved in its delivery. At a broader level the Solution Architect is involved in defining a technology capability and/or solution roadmap and determining transition states. The Solutions Architect works with the Enterprise Architect and Account Management for strategic direction (both conforming to, and helping to define) and plays a key role as a growth/innovation driver and advocate for good design where: The work focuses on the overall architecture, design, build, and integration of solutions or platforms spanning multiple technical and/or business capability domains with significant cost / strategic implications; Solution domain is highly complex; Business needs, concepts, and/or requirements are ambiguous, require definition and/or contain uncertain requirements that are likely to change, and/or require situational management of high technical delivery risk; Solutions that consist of unproven implementation technologies or multiple implementation techs at once within domains that experience rapid change.
Solution Architecture / Project Focus:
· Provides solution architectures and systems integration designs for modern information security capabilities covering all aspects of information risk & security including but not limited to application security, cloud and legacy infrastructure hardening, data loss prevention, advanced threat protection, endpoint and network security and identity & access management
· Authors architecture and design related artifacts including conceptual, logical and/or physical models, decision bulletins and architecture vendor solution technology patterns
· Supports the creation of reference architectures
· Participates on Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and selects best-fit solutions and technologies in partnership with business stakeholders, fellow architects, technical leads and on-site support engineers
· Consults with project delivery and engineering teams and solution providers to implement security frameworks and solutions consistent with technology roadmaps
· Perform new product or technology evaluations determine fit for requirements and ensure compliance with established security policies, nonfunctional requirements and best practices for the solution design
General / Leadership / Portfolio Focus:
· Works independently and with management on long-term, highly visible, complex projects involving multiple disciplines or business units
· Interprets business and technology requirements and threat drivers and develops practical security roadmaps
· Partners with Enterprise Information Risk Management (EIRM) solution strategists and business leads to define business outcomes for projects and work cell delivery activities
· Develops and update information security architecture patterns to serve as standards for other architects
· Researches new technologies and products using independent research organizations
· Advocates the use of emerging cyber security best practices, standard technologies and patterns, promoting automation approaches, developing strategies, and aligning practices with strategic initiatives
· Translates complex security concepts and challenges into business terms that are readily understood by colleagues
· Act as a key resource for resolution of unique or complex business problems
· Assist in rationalization information security technology portfolios
· Advances the interest of the company by serving on teams that are external to the organization when appropriate
· Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility
· Partners with finance as part of the practical security roadmap development
· At least 8+ years of related experience including
o Development of security reference and solution architectures, standards, patterns and other blueprints
o Understanding of modern stack application development and deployment
o Supporting request for proposal, product evaluation and research and development processes
o Hands-on cloud security experience architecting, engineering or administrating for SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS (including AWS and Azure)
· Experience working with the Agile methodology and mindset
· Experience securing cloud delivery pipelines and infrastructure (e.g. SecDevOps)
· Experience conducting threat modeling exercises with operational and engineering teams
· Experience with The Open Group Architecture Framework
· Experience in enterprise information security programs
· Experience with using cost and finance factors are part of the product evaluation and architecture blueprinting process
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
At MassMutual, we’re fostering an inclusive and dynamic environment where our employees are valued for who they are and can build successful careers. For us, diversity and inclusion is more than a goal, it’s the only way forward.
• 100% rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2018)
• National Association for Female Executives Top Company for Executive Women (2018)
• Disability Equality Index® (DEI) Best Place to Work for Disability inclusion (2018)
• Working Mother Media 100 Best Company (2017)
• Military Friendly Employer (2018)